Trusted by world's leading companies
|French, German, Italian, Romansh
|Memeber of Apostille Convention?
Apostille.ong service allows you to quickly and conveniently apostille documents from Switzerland and for Switzerland.
We can apostille any private and business documents including copy of ID or passport, birth certificates, marriage certificates, divorce certificates, death certificates, power of attorney, education documents, court decisions, notarial documents, affidavits, contracts, extracts, etc.
With the standard procedure, apostilization takes 3-4 days, with express service – 1 day.
Do you want to arrange an apostille yourself?
Is Switzerland a member of the Hague Apostille Convention?
Yes, Switzerland is a member of the Hague Apostille Convention. The Convention abolishes the requirement of legalization for foreign public documents. Instead, a simple certification called an Apostille is used. This certification is issued by a competent authority in the country where the document was issued. The Apostille confirms the authenticity of the signature, the capacity in which the person signing the document acted, and the identity of any stamp or seal affixed to the document.
What Government Office in Switzerland is responsible for issuing Apostille?
The Federal Department of Foreign Affairs (FDFA) in Switzerland is responsible for issuing Apostille.
What is the procedure to obtain Apostille in Switzerland?
The procedure to obtain an Apostille in Switzerland is as follows:
1. Identify the document that needs to be apostilled.
2. Contact the relevant authority in Switzerland that can issue an apostille. This could be the cantonal authority or the Federal Office of Justice.
3. Submit the document to the relevant authority along with any necessary fees and identification documents.
4. Wait for the authority to issue the apostille. This can take several days or weeks depending on the workload of the authority.
5. Once the apostille is issued, it will be attached to the original document and returned to the applicant.
6. The apostilled document can now be used in any country that is a signatory to the Hague Convention.
Most Requested Services
Frequently Asked Questions
What is an apostille?
An apostille is a certificate attached to an official document (for example, a birth or marriage certificate) that certifies:
- the authenticity of the signature of the public official who signed the document,
- the capacity in which that public official acted, and
- the authenticity of the seal (or stamp) affixed to the document
The Apostille does not validate the contents of the document.
In order that a document issued in one country can be recognized in another country, that document must be legalized or authenticated. For countries that are members of The 1961 Hague Convention Abolishing the Requirement of Legalization for Foreign Public Documents, this legalization process has been simplified. Under The Apostille Hague Convention, signatory countries have agreed to recognize each other's official documents if they have an Apostille.
For non-signatories, the legalization of documents is more complicated and requires that the document be authenticated by a consular official.
The word “Apostille” comes from the French verb “apostiller”, which derives from the old French word "postille" meaning “annotation,” and before it the Latin word "postilla".
Which types of documents do you apostille?
We can apostille any document issued in any country.
How does it work?
1. Place your order
2. Send us your document
3. Verify your identity online
4. Get your document with Apostille
How long does the apostille process take?
The apostille process takes 1-2 business days.
How much do you charge?
Our fee is 195 EUR per apostille (including governmental fee and excluding shipment).
Can I check on the status of my apostille?
Yes, please contact our Support Team with your order number.
Is my personal information protected?
Yes, we value our client's confidentiality. Your information will always be handled in a safe and secure manner.