Trusted by world's leading companies
|Memeber of Apostille Convention?
Apostille.ong service allows you to quickly and conveniently apostille documents from Puerto Rico and for Puerto Rico.
We can apostille any private and business documents including copy of ID or passport, birth certificates, marriage certificates, divorce certificates, death certificates, power of attorney, education documents, court decisions, notarial documents, affidavits, contracts, extracts, etc.
With the standard procedure, apostilization takes 3-4 days, with express service – 1 day.
Do you want to arrange an apostille yourself?
Is Puerto Rico a member of the Hague Apostille Convention?
Yes, Puerto Rico is part of the Hague Apostille Convention. The Convention entered into force for Puerto Rico on February 15, 2010. This means that documents issued in Puerto Rico can be apostilled and recognized in other countries that are also party to the Convention.
What Government Office in Puerto Rico is responsible for issuing Apostille?
The Puerto Rico State Department is responsible for issuing Apostille in Puerto Rico.
What is the procedure to obtain Apostille in Puerto Rico?
Here are the general steps to obtain an Apostille in Puerto Rico:
1. Obtain a certified copy of the document you need to apostille. This can be done by contacting the issuing authority or agency.
2. Take the certified copy to the Puerto Rico Department of State. The address is:
Puerto Rico Department of State
Notary Public Division
P.O. Box 9023271
San Juan, PR 00902-3271
3. Pay the required fee for the apostille. The fee varies depending on the type of document and the number of pages.
4. Wait for the apostille to be issued. The processing time can vary, but it usually takes a few days to a week.
5. Once the apostille is issued, you can pick it up in person or have it mailed to you.
Note: If you are not in Puerto Rico, you can also obtain an apostille through the Puerto Rico Embassy or Consulate in your country.
Most Requested Services
Frequently Asked Questions
What is an apostille?
An apostille is a certificate attached to an official document (for example, a birth or marriage certificate) that certifies:
- the authenticity of the signature of the public official who signed the document,
- the capacity in which that public official acted, and
- the authenticity of the seal (or stamp) affixed to the document
The Apostille does not validate the contents of the document.
In order that a document issued in one country can be recognized in another country, that document must be legalized or authenticated. For countries that are members of The 1961 Hague Convention Abolishing the Requirement of Legalization for Foreign Public Documents, this legalization process has been simplified. Under The Apostille Hague Convention, signatory countries have agreed to recognize each other's official documents if they have an Apostille.
For non-signatories, the legalization of documents is more complicated and requires that the document be authenticated by a consular official.
The word “Apostille” comes from the French verb “apostiller”, which derives from the old French word "postille" meaning “annotation,” and before it the Latin word "postilla".
Which types of documents do you apostille?
We can apostille any document issued in any country.
How does it work?
1. Place your order
2. Send us your document
3. Verify your identity online
4. Get your document with Apostille
How long does the apostille process take?
The apostille process takes 1-2 business days.
How much do you charge?
Our fee is 195 EUR per apostille (including governmental fee and excluding shipment).
Can I check on the status of my apostille?
Yes, please contact our Support Team with your order number.
Is my personal information protected?
Yes, we value our client's confidentiality. Your information will always be handled in a safe and secure manner.