Trusted by world's leading companies
|Memeber of Apostille Convention?
Apostille.ong service allows you to quickly and conveniently apostille documents from Guatemala and for Guatemala.
We can apostille any private and business documents including copy of ID or passport, birth certificates, marriage certificates, divorce certificates, death certificates, power of attorney, education documents, court decisions, notarial documents, affidavits, contracts, extracts, etc.
With the standard procedure, apostilization takes 3-4 days, with express service – 1 day.
Do you want to arrange an apostille yourself?
Is Guatemala a member of the Hague Apostille Convention?
Yes, Guatemala is a member of the Hague Apostille Convention. The convention came into force in Guatemala on September 30, 2011. This means that documents issued in Guatemala can be apostilled and recognized in other member countries, and vice versa.
What Government Office in Guatemala is responsible for issuing Apostille?
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Guatemala is responsible for issuing Apostille.
What is the procedure to obtain Apostille in Guatemala?
The procedure to obtain an Apostille in Guatemala is as follows:
1. Obtain the original document that needs to be apostilled. This can be a birth certificate, marriage certificate, diploma, or any other official document.
2. Take the original document to the appropriate authority in Guatemala. This will depend on the type of document. For example, a birth certificate would need to be taken to the Registro Nacional de las Personas (National Registry of Persons).
3. Pay the fee for the apostille. The fee will vary depending on the type of document and the authority that is issuing the apostille.
4. Wait for the apostille to be issued. This can take several days or even weeks, depending on the authority and the workload.
5. Once the apostille is issued, it will be attached to the original document. The document is now considered to be authenticated and can be used in any country that is a signatory to the Hague Convention.
6. If necessary, the document can be translated into the language of the country where it will be used. The translation should also be apostilled.
Most Requested Services
Frequently Asked Questions
What is an apostille?
An apostille is a certificate attached to an official document (for example, a birth or marriage certificate) that certifies:
- the authenticity of the signature of the public official who signed the document,
- the capacity in which that public official acted, and
- the authenticity of the seal (or stamp) affixed to the document
The Apostille does not validate the contents of the document.
In order that a document issued in one country can be recognized in another country, that document must be legalized or authenticated. For countries that are members of The 1961 Hague Convention Abolishing the Requirement of Legalization for Foreign Public Documents, this legalization process has been simplified. Under The Apostille Hague Convention, signatory countries have agreed to recognize each other's official documents if they have an Apostille.
For non-signatories, the legalization of documents is more complicated and requires that the document be authenticated by a consular official.
The word “Apostille” comes from the French verb “apostiller”, which derives from the old French word "postille" meaning “annotation,” and before it the Latin word "postilla".
Which types of documents do you apostille?
We can apostille any document issued in any country.
How does it work?
1. Place your order
2. Send us your document
3. Verify your identity online
4. Get your document with Apostille
How long does the apostille process take?
The apostille process takes 1-2 business days.
How much do you charge?
Our fee is 195 EUR per apostille (including governmental fee and excluding shipment).
Can I check on the status of my apostille?
Yes, please contact our Support Team with your order number.
Is my personal information protected?
Yes, we value our client's confidentiality. Your information will always be handled in a safe and secure manner.