Trusted by world's leading companies
|Memeber of Apostille Convention?
Apostille.ong service allows you to quickly and conveniently apostille documents from France and for France.
We can apostille any private and business documents including copy of ID or passport, birth certificates, marriage certificates, divorce certificates, death certificates, power of attorney, education documents, court decisions, notarial documents, affidavits, contracts, extracts, etc.
With the standard procedure, apostilization takes 3-4 days, with express service – 1 day.
Do you want to arrange an apostille yourself?
Is France a member of the Hague Apostille Convention?
Yes, France is a member of the Hague Apostille Convention. The Convention abolishes the requirement of legalization for foreign public documents among the member countries. Instead, an apostille certificate is attached to the document by the competent authority in the country where the document was issued, certifying the authenticity of the signature, the capacity in which the person signing the document acted, and the identity of any stamp or seal affixed to the document. This simplifies the process of verifying the authenticity of public documents for use in other member countries.
What Government Office in France is responsible for issuing Apostille?
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs in France is responsible for issuing Apostille.
What is the procedure to obtain Apostille in France?
The procedure to obtain an Apostille in France is as follows:
1. Obtain the original document that needs to be apostilled. This can be a birth certificate, marriage certificate, diploma, or any other official document.
2. Make sure the document is signed and stamped by the relevant authority. For example, a birth certificate should be signed and stamped by the registrar of births.
3. Take the document to the relevant authority in France that issues apostilles. This is usually the Prefecture or the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
4. Pay the fee for the apostille. The fee varies depending on the type of document and the authority issuing the apostille.
5. Wait for the apostille to be issued. This can take a few days to a few weeks depending on the authority issuing the apostille.
6. Once the apostille is issued, it should be attached to the original document. The apostille certifies that the document is genuine and can be used in another country.
Most Requested Services
Frequently Asked Questions
What is an apostille?
An apostille is a certificate attached to an official document (for example, a birth or marriage certificate) that certifies:
- the authenticity of the signature of the public official who signed the document,
- the capacity in which that public official acted, and
- the authenticity of the seal (or stamp) affixed to the document
The Apostille does not validate the contents of the document.
In order that a document issued in one country can be recognized in another country, that document must be legalized or authenticated. For countries that are members of The 1961 Hague Convention Abolishing the Requirement of Legalization for Foreign Public Documents, this legalization process has been simplified. Under The Apostille Hague Convention, signatory countries have agreed to recognize each other's official documents if they have an Apostille.
For non-signatories, the legalization of documents is more complicated and requires that the document be authenticated by a consular official.
The word “Apostille” comes from the French verb “apostiller”, which derives from the old French word "postille" meaning “annotation,” and before it the Latin word "postilla".
Which types of documents do you apostille?
We can apostille any document issued in any country.
How does it work?
1. Place your order
2. Send us your document
3. Verify your identity online
4. Get your document with Apostille
How long does the apostille process take?
The apostille process takes 1-2 business days.
How much do you charge?
Our fee is 195 EUR per apostille (including governmental fee and excluding shipment).
Can I check on the status of my apostille?
Yes, please contact our Support Team with your order number.
Is my personal information protected?
Yes, we value our client's confidentiality. Your information will always be handled in a safe and secure manner.