Trusted by world's leading companies
|Memeber of Apostille Convention?
Apostille.ong service allows you to quickly and conveniently apostille documents from Saint Barthlemy and for Saint Barthlemy.
We can apostille any private and business documents including copy of ID or passport, birth certificates, marriage certificates, divorce certificates, death certificates, power of attorney, education documents, court decisions, notarial documents, affidavits, contracts, extracts, etc.
With the standard procedure, apostilization takes 3-4 days, with express service – 1 day.
Do you want to arrange an apostille yourself?
Is Saint Barthélemy a member of the Hague Apostille Convention?
Yes, Saint Barthélemy is a part of the Hague Apostille Convention. The Convention abolishes the requirement of legalization for foreign public documents among the member countries. The apostille is a certificate that authenticates the origin of a public document, such as a birth certificate or a diploma, and makes it valid for use in another member country. Saint Barthélemy became a member of the Hague Apostille Convention on January 1, 2019.
What Government Office in Saint Barthélemy is responsible for issuing Apostille?
The Prefecture of Saint Barthélemy is responsible for issuing Apostille.
What is the procedure to obtain Apostille in Saint Barthélemy?
Here are the general steps to obtain an Apostille in Saint Barthélemy:
1. Obtain the document that needs to be apostilled. This could be a birth certificate, marriage certificate, diploma, or any other official document.
2. Have the document notarized by a public notary or other authorized official.
3. Take the notarized document to the Chambre Territoriale des Notaires in Saint Barthélemy to have it certified.
4. Once the document is certified, take it to the Préfecture de Saint-Barthélemy et de Saint-Martin to obtain the Apostille.
5. Pay the required fee for the Apostille.
6. Wait for the Apostille to be issued. This usually takes a few days.
7. Once the Apostille is issued, the document is considered legally recognized in any country that is a signatory to the Hague Convention.
Most Requested Services
Frequently Asked Questions
What is an apostille?
An apostille is a certificate attached to an official document (for example, a birth or marriage certificate) that certifies:
- the authenticity of the signature of the public official who signed the document,
- the capacity in which that public official acted, and
- the authenticity of the seal (or stamp) affixed to the document
The Apostille does not validate the contents of the document.
In order that a document issued in one country can be recognized in another country, that document must be legalized or authenticated. For countries that are members of The 1961 Hague Convention Abolishing the Requirement of Legalization for Foreign Public Documents, this legalization process has been simplified. Under The Apostille Hague Convention, signatory countries have agreed to recognize each other's official documents if they have an Apostille.
For non-signatories, the legalization of documents is more complicated and requires that the document be authenticated by a consular official.
The word “Apostille” comes from the French verb “apostiller”, which derives from the old French word "postille" meaning “annotation,” and before it the Latin word "postilla".
Which types of documents do you apostille?
We can apostille any document issued in any country.
How does it work?
1. Place your order
2. Send us your document
3. Verify your identity online
4. Get your document with Apostille
How long does the apostille process take?
The apostille process takes 1-2 business days.
How much do you charge?
Our fee is 195 EUR per apostille (including governmental fee and excluding shipment).
Can I check on the status of my apostille?
Yes, please contact our Support Team with your order number.
Is my personal information protected?
Yes, we value our client's confidentiality. Your information will always be handled in a safe and secure manner.